Keep It Simple And Relevant:
When it comes to choosing a hashtag, it is always important that you pick a hashtag that people are searching for and can also easily remember. Hashtags are a great way to give your audience a clear idea about the topic of conversation. No need to confuse them!
Utilize Trending Hashtags:
Utilize trending, most talked about hashtags across different social media networks. When you see a trend that relates to your business or topic, engage in it using the the tag as soon as possible. Remember, trending hashtags changes frequently so post them ASAP. It’s important to not be late to the party!
- You can find trending hashtags on Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and other hashtag monitoring sites such as hashtags.org and Trendsmap.
Use Hashtag On Multiple Social Media Channels
Hashtags give your brand more exposure so you can spread the word about your product to the massive audience. In addition, when you use it on multiple times on different channels, people will easily remember your hashtag. You can use the hashtag before the keyword in the mind and this way you will find useful content.
Search The Hashtag Before You Use It:
It’s always important to research hashtags before using them. Yes there are some benefits to being the first one to post a hashtag lets say if you are a brand bringing a new product to market; however, for the vast majority of social media users, we want to make sure we are posting hashtags that are people are actually using and researching to stay relevant.
Don’t Over Use Hashtags:
This is a major NO NO on social media and could probably serve as it’s own blog post. Basically, over using hashtags can burn out your audience and fast!
A good rule of thumb is:
- Twitter: Because of character count restrictions, don’t use more than 2 hashtags per tweet for best engagement.
- Facebook: Use 2 hashtags on Facebook try one popular hashtag and one custom hashtag for your brand.
- Google+ : You can also use a hashtag in Google+ to find and join a conversation about a particular topic. Click on hashtag to show related content.
- Instagram: It allows up to 30 hashtags but keep it to 11 per post for the highest level of engagement.
- Pinterest: Use only 2 hashtags, it’s a category of search so use your unique hashtag to help pinners to find relevant content.